March 11, 2011

Rant

You know I just realized that I have no clue what it's like to be thin. I've always been a plus size girl even when I was in elementary school I was always the chubby one in the class.

I have no idea what it feels like to not hide behind my clothes. All through high school I wore a jacket at all times (except during band practice). If not a jacket then a huge T-shirt. They call it the tom-boy phase, but I was actually hiding myself (my body) in my clothes. I didn't like looking at me and I didn't like others looking at me.

I have no idea what it's like to buy clothing from stores like "The Body Shop", "5.7.9", "Charlotte Russe", "Forever 21" (and yes I know they have a plus size selection but the state I live in does not sell the plus size clothing in stores and I don't make purchases online). "Aeropostale" (I have purchased a T-shirt from the mens side -__-), and "Wet Seal" just to name a few.

I have no idea what it's like to shop in the front of a store...Plus size is always in the back (but that's ok cause so is the clearence section lol)

I have no idea what it feels like to put on a bathing suit and not feel self-conscious.

I have no idea what it feels like to sit down and not have to worry about holding in my gut.

I can't even imagine myself as being thin... I have always wondered what I would look like "if this fat roll wasn't here" or "if that lump of fat wasn't there", but I just can't picture myself that way because all I've ever seen my entire life is a big girl

No comments:

Post a Comment