May 23, 2011

Fitness Training

I went to a Fitness Training Session today! But before I get into that, I must announce my Non-scale Victory! I was only able to do 20mins on the Treadmill today because I had to attend the session but during that 20mins I jogged for 13mins at 4.1 speed with a changing incline of 0 to 2 to 3 (YAY!!!).

Back to business: The trainer went over my background with working out (basically everything I had been doing up to that point), my diet and my goals. To sum everything up he said that I needed to add weight training to my routine. I understand that gaining muscle helps to burn fat and tone up the body, but when I incorporated weights into my routine I gained weight, and that's just not what I want right now. The trainer also said that I shouldn't be so focused on the number on the scale but on how many inches I've lost. I know this to be true but, mentally I'm just not prepared to do that. Seeing that numbers drop on the scale encourages me, and lets me know that all my hard work is paying off. I will eventually add weights into my routine but not until I've lost a little bit more weight probably when I weigh about 180-170.

Lunch for today: Char-grilled Chicken Salad with Reduced Fat Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing - Chik-fil-A 
Yummy!


Here's my Workout Routine from last week 5/16/11 - 5/22/11: 
Monday
30mins - Treadmill: Calories Burned - 249
Abdominal- 3 reps of 30 (60lbs)
13mins - Elliptical: Calories Burned - 130
10mins - Arc Trainer: Calories Burned - 112
Ab Roller - 60

Wednesday
30mins - Treadmill: Calories Burned - 291
15mins - Arc Trainer: Calories Burned - 161
Abdominal - 3 reps of 30 (60lbs)
Ab Roller - 6 sets of 10
13mins - Elliptical: Calories Burned - 127

Thursday
30mins - Treadmill: Calories Burned - 314
15mins - Arc Trainer: Calories Burned - 177
Ab Roller - 8 sets of 10
13mins - Elliptical: Calories Burned - 124
Abdominal - 3 reps of 30 (60lbs)

Stay Tuned for more Updates...Healthier Me

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree with the trainer, do weight training. I do 3 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio in a week. The first few weeks you may see a gain but give it time and time for your body to adjust. Trust me I am losing and been doing weight and cardio training for months now. And I also agree with inches. I have tracked my inches from the get go and when I don't have a good week on the scale it shows on measurements. I take my measurements once a month and it amazes me. In 11 months I have lost a total of 68 inches from my body and almost 97 lbs. Also weight training will help you tone as you lose weight, you don't wanna lose it all and then end up with flabby skin, start toning it now it helps in the long run! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with all the tracking! I've never talked to trainer before so I'm interested to read more.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love weight training, a pounds of muscle is much smaller than a pound of fat, thats how I see it, plus you get after burn when you weight train.

    You are doing so well, making me jealous.

    Sooooo there is an award for you on my blog, just to let you know :)

    ReplyDelete