April 15, 2011

Ulterior Motives

I think my body is trying to tell me something... I've hit the emergency stop button on the Treadmill two days in a row now (on accident of course!).

The first time I did it which was yesterday, Thursday 4/14/11, I just shrugged my shoulders turned the Treadmill back on and finished out my workout (I added an extra 2 minutes to make up for lost time lol). The second time I hit the dang button was today and I was heated! The only reason I got upset was because I was doing my jog at 3.9 speed and I had reached my 4 minute goal mark I usually set for myself...well today was different because just as soon as I felt my body shutting it self down to start walking this song comes on





I don't know if it was just because of the fast tempo but whatever, I felt rejuvenated! I knew I could make 5 minutes today, my strides were longer, I got my breathing under control (kinda sorta)... But NOOOOO!!! Obviously my body wasn't thinking along the same way as I was, because with only 20 seconds to spare. I accidentally hit the emergency stop button. FREAKING 20 SECONDS TO SPARE!!!  I would have accomplished a new goal today but I hit the dang stop button!

But you know what!? I didn't let that little incident stop me! I jumped back on that dang Treadmill and cranked the speed up to 4.0! Now mind you, I only was only able to jog a good 3mins at 4.0 before I had to lower my speed back to 3.3, but I was feeling good! I felt so good in fact that I jogged another minute (yes just 1minute) at 3.8 and just because I felt bad about turning off the Treadmill, after my usual 15 minutes on the Bike I did another 10 minutes on the Elliptical.

TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY! :D

3 comments:

  1. Great job pushing yourself! I hate it when I accidentally press the emergency button too

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's the comments like these that help me keep pushing!!! and you have a Great weekend as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! That's some jungle cat action right there!

    ReplyDelete